Giving Girls Guidance to Grow…
Our mission for the North Texas Geary Girls Ranch is to create a unique foster home community for “displaced” girls, ages 12 to 17 (or until high school graduation). The Ranch will provide a safe environment, permanency, encouragement, and guidance built on Christian values. Our community is nestled in a country setting within Grayson County, Texas.
Our cottages will be family style ranch homes accommodating four to six girls. Each home will have a foster parent who will be fully focused on providing a loving and caring environment and guiding each girl to a successful future. Each cottage will be a self-contained home that not only provides a nourishing family atmosphere but offers a healthy outdoor environment that benefits the girls therapeutically from the care of gardens and animals on the property. The acreage will allow us to grow and ultimately provide homes for an unlimited number of girls.
- Provide a home for girls who have been displaced for various reasons.
- Provide a safe environment that offers support in healthy lifestyles, education, and permanency.
- Provide an environment that encourages independence and offers guidance and assistance as each young girl transitions into adulthood.
- Provide caring foster parents, mentors, and collaborative agencies that will inspire and encourage all residents.
At the Geary Girls Ranch, we believe that each girl:
- is a unique individual with potential for growth;
- has the right to a safe, respectful, and supportive environment;
- has strengths, value, and worth;
- should be treated with integrity, compassion, and non-judgment;
- is strengthened through spirituality.